PRICING & FAQ'S
Wedding Package: $2500
Includes use of the sanctuary for your ceremony, plus our bridal suite and groom’s room before the wedding.
You will have full use of our reception hall, spacious prep kitchen and our enclosed patio/deck area. Weather permitting, the glass walls on the deck can be removed for an open air space. The building is yours for the entire day, including pre-decorating the morning of your big day or (if not already rented) you can come in the day before for up to 2 hours to set up.
Party Package: $1500
You will have full use of our reception hall, spacious prep kitchen and our enclosed patio/deck area. Weather permitting, the glass walls on the deck can be removed for an open air space. The building is yours for the entire evening, including pre-decorating during the afternoon or (if not already rented) you can come in the day before for up to 1 hour to set up.
Mini Package: $1000
You will have the use of our reception hall and our prep kitchen for your event for up to 5 hours. Please budget time for your setup and cleanup within this 5 hour window. This package is available on weekdays and Sundays after 3pm. Saturdays are reserved for our larger packages but may be reserved for our mini package within 30 days if still available.
Planning Services: $25/hr
If you’re not the DIY type, feel free to schedule time with one of our event planning professionals who can help you plan your special day. You will meet at the venue ahead of your event, plan your seating arrangements, catering needs, decorating and entertainment all in the space you will actually be using so you can easily visualize your guests having a great time at your party.
You’ll be exhausted at the end of your party, so leave the cleaning to us. Just remove your decorations and any outside rental items and we’ll wash the tables, mop the floor and take out the trash for you.
YES! It’s your event and you should be able to choose the food. We do have a large “prep kitchen” but not cooking facilities.
Yes, all rentals require a liability insurance policy. Check with your homeowner’s insurance agent to see if you can get one through them. If not, The Event Helper can provide a one-day policy for you.
If you will be serving alcohol AND have more than 100 guests at your event, a security officer is required.
We are in a residential neighborhood and we want to keep our neighbors happy.
All amplified music or bands must be complete by 10:00pm. All cleanup and load out must be complete by midnight. Any overtime past 12:00 will be charged at $250/hr in full hour increments with no grace period. Please be sure to budget time for your load out.
When planning a wedding, vow renewal or memorial service in our building, please arrange to meet with our minister as soon as possible. Our minister will guide you through the process of planning your ceremony and will officiate at the service. If you want someone else to officiate, it is the responsibility of the renter to have their officiant contact our minister as soon as possible in order to confirm this rental agreement. The pastor of First Congregational Church must authorize all sacred use/theological content in the building. Any ceremony taking place in our building is assumed to represent First Congregational Church of Stockton, The United Church of Christ, and the principles we affirm.
You may serve beer, wine and champagne to any guests 21 years of age or older. No hard liquor is allowed on the property at any time.
Our smoking area is anywhere in the parking lot. Please do not allow your guests to smoke anywhere on the property, including the deck or waterfront.
Cancellations must be made in writing as soon as possible. Cancellations made at least 60 days prior to the event date may be entitled to a refund of the booking retainer and any additional fees paid, less a $200.00 administration fee. Cancellations made 30-60 days prior to the event date will forfeit the $500 booking retainer but will be entitled to a refund of any additional fees paid. Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the event will not be entitled to any refund.
1. The following items are available for use:
- 20 rectangular tables (approx. 6’ x 2½’ each table seats up to 8)
- 12 round tables (5’ diameter. each table seats up to 8)
- 8 round pub tables (24” diameter)
- 125 white folding chairs (Lakeside Hall)
- 110 upholstered chairs (Sanctuary only).
2. Outside rentals of chairs, tables, etc. are allowed. Please arrange with your event coordinator for delivery.
- The Sanctuary and Lakeside Hall each have basic audio/video systems available. If either system will be used, a person must be designated by the renter to be responsible for the system and arrange to receive advance orientation on the system’s use from the Facility Event Coordinator.
- Outside rentals of additional equipment are permitted. Please arrange with the Facility Event Coordinator for delivery.
- Sound levels shall be reasonable for a residential neighborhood. Sound amplification equipment is not allowed on the deck or outdoors.
- If a piano must be moved from its existing location, arrangements must be made at the time of reservation. Any need to tune the pianos must be arranged at the time of reservation and paid for by the renter.
- Requests for the use of church musical instruments and equipment must have prior approval.
- Before you leave the premises, you are responsible for clearing all tables and chairs, ensuring all trash is in proper receptacles, removing decorations and any outside rental items.
- All furniture and other items must be safely returned to their initial configuration as they were when you arrived
- You’ll be tired by the end of your party so leave the cleaning to us. We have a crew that comes in overnight to wash the tables and chairs, sweep and mop the floor, take out the trash and clean the bathrooms.